Re: Re: Re: Got my a** whipped...WRX comments

From: Viper450hpGTS@aol.com
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 12:12:23 EDT

In a message dated 5/3/2001 9:36:02 AM Central Daylight Time,
STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil writes:

<< Spending that money, I would still opt out for the new 2002 Type R than the
 WRX. Then you could add a turbo and have the additional ponies to play
 with. >>

Nahhhhhhhhhh, gotta love that AWD system. FWD just sucks, period. You would
need at least 80-100hp more than the WRX to catch it in the 1/4 mile! 1.6-1.7
60ft times are not uncommon on these cars. That's a huge advantage! And,
4-wheel drifting around a corner at 60 plus mph will change your mind in a
hurry. The *total* driving experience in the WRX is like non other. Nothing
like dusting thy neighbor in a 4 door sedan...hehehe. Change out the wheels
and tires with 17"s and the handling is outright incredible. Those 16s and
205/55-16s suck (lots of sidewall deflection).

James