Re: Re: Re: Got my a** whipped...WRX comments

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 20:24:55 EDT

If you're going to modify the WRX is a far superior platform than the Type
R. Potential is simply huge. I race against a supercharged Type R. Scary
power, but he can't come close to putting it down in an autocross. A WRX
with a 100 more HP is damn scary coming out of a tight turn.

In stock trim the Type R is amazing and the WRX is a disappointment. Since
I autocross in national competition I tend to look at cars like this for
their stock class potential. Stock size rims, change to any shock and any
front bar, but not touching engine, springs, or brakes. Yes there are
classes that allow mods, but it would be economical to buy a new car for
these classes. If I bought I new import hot rod it would have to be ready
to run with just a set of tires and shocks, maybe a catback and front sway
bar.

-STE