Re: RE: Trim/ wiring question

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 17:06:55 EDT

Thanks, Tod. The head unit shape did change for 2001, but I would like to
think that the wiring would stay the same. When you go to buy a install kit
for a head unit, it usualy lists for a manufacturer for like a 10-12 year
spread, so I think that a chrysler wiring harness would still be the same
colorization. I've got the '00 square face RBR(CD only) head unit, and
Infinity system. Thanks again,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Tod Oace" <tod@quay.com>

Don't know if it's the same or not on your '00, but on my '01 QC I just pull
them up and out. There are three pressure fit thingies, like for the
dash pieces.

Again, I have a 2001 rather than a 2000. But ASSuming the wire colors are
the same, and also ASSuming you have the mid-level or premium audio system
with the separate power amplifier, here are the wire colors:

FROM RADIO TO POWER AMP:
Left + is DG (Dark Green?)
Left - is BR/RD (Brown/Red?)
Right + is VT (Violet?)
Right - is DB/RD (Dark Blue / Red ?)
Remote turn on is DG/RD (Dark Green / Red ?)

FROM POWER AMP TO SPEAKERS:
Left + is LG/VT (Light Green / Violet ?)
Left - is LG/DG (Light Green / Dark Green ?)
Right + is LB/VT (Light Blue / Violet ?)
Right - is LB/BK (Light Blue / Black ?)

I looked for a table of color codes but couldn't find one. Hopefully my
guesses are correct and don't throw you off. And if nothing is matching up
then there's likely a difference between '00 and '01. Or I screwed up
somewhere. Or you have the wrong wiring harness. Or you're in the wrong
vehicle. Or you're color blind. Or. . . :-)

Tod Oace, tod@quay.com