IAT Adjuster...Attn. Bernd.

From: Kevin Hoegen \(MAGNUM S/T\) (hoegen@kersur.net)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 09:56:26 EDT

I recall you mentioning in another post how the IAT adjuster only affects
conditions when your are accelerating, not when your are cruising (obviously
not verbatim)...in response to a post regarding the oxygen sensor sensing
rich conditions.
Does this mean that basically it reduces fuel economy ONLY when you want the
xtra power(open throttle conditions etc), and not when you are simply
cruising. Because of gas prices $$$, although I like the idea of the IAT
adjuster, I had earlier assumed that gas mileage would be reduced
dramatically because you are running rich 'continuously'. I had also thought
that people were only crank down the IAT adjuster when they wanted the xtra
juice...but recent posts I have read seem to indicate that many simply set
it at their favorite temp (~~65) and leave it alone.
Any members who have the IAT, I welcome your comments regarding noticed
changes in mileage.

Thanks all.