RE: Helper Leaf or Adjustable Load Shocks

From: Neal Arita (neal@heide-cook.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 12:58:06 EDT

Kenneth,

Hellwig Air Bags are working for me. I tow a (boy scout) trailer had the
same problem.
The air bags were simple to install and allowed me to keep the original
height without load.
The ride did get a little stiffer, but not much because of the brackets on
the spring.
I believe helper springs will make things too stiff, and increase ride
height without load.
My experience with air adjustable shocks were that they were really stiff
without a load.

Just my 2cents, hope it helps.

Neal Arita - from Hawaii
'97 CC, 5.2L, Auto