Re: Helper Leaf or Adjustable Load Shocks

From: Neal Arita (neal@heide-cook.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 16:17:12 EDT

There was no drilling required on the Hellwig set. Other brands requiring
drilling the frame for mounting the bracket.
As for valve mounting, I mounted the two (2) air valves on my bumper, below
the license there are two nubbies, perfect for these valves.
A note to consider: These air bags require separate valves. I found that
they cannot be mounted on a single air valve, like air shocks can. What
happens, is that when the load shifts (in a turn) the air is simply
"squeezed" out of one and into the other. You could put a valve between the
two, to balance the pressure and close it off when you're using it - it
works for me. Otherwise you need to be certain that you have equal pressure
in both bags.

Neal Arita - from Hawaii
'97 CC, 5.2, Auto