Re: RE: Truck bed is sagging on one side

From: Tom (Silver89) (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 16:20:15 EDT

Thanks Rich - let me bounce something else off you - regarding this.

Lets say that the right leaf spring is the problem - that its damaged or
overstressed. Wouldnt the entire frame/end of the truck be sagging? Not JUST
the bed? The 4x4 has a hidden hitch - and with the eye - the hitch seems to be
level with the cab roofline. My gut feeling is that the bed itself is
mangled. There is damage to the bed along the top of the box (the wall under
the rear window) something pushed the back of the bed into the back wall of
the cab. Its not serious however. And like I said - thats the only visible
damage. Unless the bed was repaired poorly somewhere along the line.

Anyone know what I should look for to indicate to me if the bed was repaired?
weilds - seams - etc?

I wont be able to tell for sure untill I start taking her apart. And I dont
know when I'll get around to doing that! And I still need an engine first!

"Wisotzkey, Rich" wrote:

> Tom,
> Take a look at your leaf springs first. If you lost (broke) a single leaf
> for whatever reason, that would make it sag. Also regarding the leaf
> springs. It is possible the sagging side lost some of its arc due to being
> overstressed. If this is the case, the springs can be re-arced. The shocks
> will not make a difference in stance. Beyoud that, if nothing is apparently
> out of alignment, you might want to get the frame checked. That's all I can
> think of.
> Rich - Ashburn, VA

Tom S.

http://www.SaveChrysler.com

http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine

1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x2 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x4 w/snowplow (non-operable)