Re: timing chain replacement question

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 11:36:51 EDT

Chris,
  I can't really answer your question because I screwed up when I attempted
to get my engine at TDC. None of my dots lines up. However, I can tell you
that as long as you do not move the cam in relationship to the crank (or the
other way around), while the timing chain is off, you will be ok. That's
how I did it. It's not difficult since the sprockets come off pretty easy.
I've got an outline of how I did the whole process. E-mail me privately if
you would like it since I have not posted it to my website yet. :)
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/