timing chain replacement question

From: Chris Hannon (cannon@kansas.net)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 01:02:03 EDT

Just double checking stuff here since I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

When replacing the timing chain the indented "dots" on the sprockets should be
facing each other and must be even with the imaginary center line up from the
crank, correct?

If anyone hasn't replaced the stock chain and they hear the chain slap, I'd
strongly suggest replacing it soon. There was about an inch to an inch, maybe
more, of slack in the old one. This is about 75,000 miles.

Thanks,
Chris Hannon
95 Dak V6