Re: Mounting a gauge and looking for a spot to put it?

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 11:13:50 EDT

Sounds like fun cutting in to the trannys cooling lines. Did the fluid come
pouring out? and where did you mount the gauge on the dash?

In a message dated 5/9/01 7:03:29 AM, smoseley@ix.netcom.com writes:

>I have an Autometer tranny temp gauge in my truck. I used the aluminum
>temp
>sending unit manifold/block that is sold by Mopar Performance. It sits
>inline
>w/your trannys cooling lines. You have to cut through the cooling line
>and
>splice in this chunk of aluminum. It comes w/all the fittings necessary.
> It
>has 3 holes in it - 2 for the cooling lines and 1 for the temp sending
>unit. I
>was a bit skeptical about cutting into my cooling lines but everything
>went
>smooth w/no leaks 20K miles later. Works like a charm. Kinda expensive
>tho at
>around $40. If I had to do it again - would probably just get the new
>MP deep
>tranny pan that has a place for mounting a temp sending unit already (in
>addition to a drain plug).
>
>Latr,
>
>Shane
>
>MALDBNSF@aol.com wrote:
>
>> I'm getting an electronic led digital trans. temp. gauge and I'm not
>sure
>> where to mount it. I was thinking on the pillar or just below the dash,
>not
>> under but just below the face, Any Ideas? Has anyone put a temp gauge
>on the
>> trany? Where did you mount the sender? I'm sure the install kit will
>say but
>> just trying plan ahead a little.
>>
>> P. S The wife has said many times "If I bring one more electronic
>gadget
>> of gizmo in this house that she would throw it out" I guess I better
>not
>> bring my Dak in to the living room then! ;-} hehe As I quickly hit
>> senddddd!
>>
>> Don M
>>
>> Geocities.com/maldbnsf

Don M

Geocities.com/maldbnsf

'00 QC Bronze, 4.7L, Auto, 4*2, 3.55 (Mobil 1 lube), SLT, DML Sticker, Mobil
1 oil, oil cooler, Flow-Pro cat back. Home brew w/ K&N, 180 T-stat, Tinted
windows, Bug

Screen, so on and so on. It's all listed on my DML page and on my web site.

P.S. Did I mention I love my DAK!!!!!!!!!

Get Paid Daily On The Internet!

Click Here for Info:

http://www.prepaidlegal.com/go/mallett

Six minute video presentation:

Click "Business Opportunity" then "View Movie"

Or call 817-847-9497 for a CD Rom