High Fuel Cost Solution <--- Please Read!

From: Gordon R. Stevens (IndyRamAL@home.com)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 20:40:53 EDT

Please read through this message carefully with an open mind. I feel that
this idea should make a very thought provoking statement to the larger
national Fuel Brand Companies such as BP, Exxon, Shell, Citgo, Chevron, and
so forth. Even though you see transporter trucks with name brand logos on
them, the fuel inside the transporter comes from the same supplier in your
area. These "Logo'd Trucks" were purchased and labeled to create a "screen"
from the general public. It also aids in the illusion that the gas inside is
their brand. Funny isn't it? This is not to say that the Chevron brand
doesn't have the detergent additives they claim. They simply add it to the
fuel at some point. Hence the word "additive". Don't assume that BP, for
instance, transports their fuel across the nation from one outlet to pump
into the ground of one of their stations. That wouldn't make economical
since when it comes to the high transportation costs. The following plan is
not directed towards any particular company individually.

Step 1
Find out who the supplier of fuel is in your area or region. You may not be
aware that in most areas, the fuel supplied to the gas stations comes from
the same supplier. For this example, lets assume that Shell is the
supplier. Your area may have a different supplier. If you have trouble
finding out what company brand supplies your area, try asking the attendant
of the station you currently use while paying. Sooner or later, you will
find out.

Step 2
Now comes the easy part. Since most gas stations are very competitive with
their prices per grade, make every effort to purchase your fuel from the
same name brand as the supplier brand. So in this example, purchase only
from Shell since Shell is the assumed supplier of fuel for the area. This
will increase the volume of fuel sold by the stations that carry the
supplier's brand since we all need to purchase fuel anyways. But, at the
same time, you are placing a major decrease in the sales of fuel to the
other non-supplier brands in your area. Keeping this concept in mind, you
will NOT be decreasing the volume of fuel sold in your area. You will in
fact inform the other national companies that we know how to hurt them in
different regions of the country. Also, by purchasing your fuel at the
supplier's brand stations, you will help them be competitive when the other
stations start to lower their prices to tempt you to convert to their
stations. This is because of the principle of supply and demand.

"When do I Start?" you ask.... Right now!
"When do I Quit?" you ask.... When the fuel companies step down off their
high horses and lower the high cost.

This idea differs from the "National Boycott" day or days. I say this
because we all need to buy fuel. If we simply boycott a particular time
period, we are likely purchase the fuel on another day. We will continue
driving on the Boycott day or days to get to work. So eventually the
companies will regain their sales on another day of the same week. So think
about it... What hardships do we create for the larger fuel companies with
the Boycott day(s)? We only gave the employees a temporary relief day from
a stressful day's work. The company didn't loose a dime.

The reason for using the area supplier's brand stations is quite simple.
Say we choose to purchase all of our fuel from BP. But, Chevron is the
supplier of our area we live in. This will require Chevron to raise the
cost of their wholesale fuel to BP (and others) to offset the monies lost
from the lack of sales at Chevron stations. As you can see, staying with
the supplier brand prevents this from happening. The supplier will still
sell the same volume regardless. The only difference is they will be
selling to their stations more often. This will force the National Brands
to think really hard about their profit margins. One more important
consideration to think about. Try not to avoid the "Mom and Pop" gas
stations and convenience stores. The owners of these small establishments
make the livelihood from the people in your community that trade with them
on a regular basis. They have a hard enough time trying to compete with the
larger nationally owned/franchised stores. Maybe visit them on some sort of
alternating schedule.

If you understand this concept and agree with it, please communicate with
your friends at work, church, sporting events and so on. Don't keep it a
secret! Print it out. Place it on bulletin boards in your workplace and
community. Definitely, email it to your friends online by using the "copy
and paste" function. Simply copy this message by highlighting it. Try not
to highlight the email address portions near the top. Then select "Copy"
from the Edit pull down menu. Now create a new email message as you
normally would do. When ready to type, go to the Edit pull down menu and
select "Paste". That's it. Send it to as many people possible. If you are
unfamiliar with the "copy and paste" function then forward the message. The
reason to "copy and paste" as opposed to forwarding it, is to send this
message without the familiar ">>>>>>" created throughout the text making it
difficult to read. Many messages like that will be deleted due to that
fact.

Thank You,
Fumed with Inflated Fuel Costs!