Re: Need a speaker expert...

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 00:50:22 EDT

I'd say it's bad that you bought 4 ohm subs for the house.
1) the impedance is wrong and most home setups run 8 or even 16 ohm setups.

you'd have to series the 2 subs up to get a final load of 8 ohms (per
channel) because if you bridge it, you're back down to 4 ohms.

2) I believe home subs and car subs are totally different, designed for
totally different types of enclosures.

home subs aren't built to pressurize as much as a car sub is. The material
is more rigid and not as light so Sound Quality in the house =crappy. that
radioshack sub might outdo that pioneer. Actually, I've heard pioneer and
radioshack=same company. Oh well.

I'm not the expert on home audio, but I wouldn't do it man.
-Chuong

<<
Dak content:
If I can't use these subwoofers in my house then they will be shaking the
windows loose on the Dak.

Thanks for any help.