Autometer A/F ratio gauge installed

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 19:59:53 EDT

    Thanks to all who have helped in "quest" to install my Autometer Phantom
air/fuel ratio gauge. After road testing it, I am pleased to say that it
works. Although certainly not as well as expected as explained in Shane's
email.
    On the road the gauge does bounce around, but stays more towards the
rich side. Under heavy acceleration it stays on rich and when you left off
the throttle, it nose dives to the end of the lean spectrum. I played with
Bernd's IAT adjuster box, but didn't really see that much of a difference as
far as the needle (LED's) was concerned.

    Marty - I hooked it up so the red is to a switched power supply (on my
'99 slot 16 was open in the in-cab fuse box), the black is ground and the
purple was run to the orange with tan stripe wire which is running to the
PCM. Just peel back the black tubing, carefully slice a little electrical
tape and strip a small section of the wire.
    I would not recommend using this gauge (or any other A/F LED gauge) in
the A pillar gauge pod. The LED's would be very distracting especially at
night. Just my humble opinion.

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport