Re: Powerdyne/MP HP PCM

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 19:55:53 EDT

Could Mike Leach help with this? He could set up the PCM just like a HP PCM
minus the timing advance. I've only heard of him working on 4.7L PCM's
though, maybe he does 5.2L's also.

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black
Mods Profile page at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Re5X8z5la@Ix2/profile.htm

Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 13:34:13 -0400
From: "Shawn Bowen" <Shawn@bowen.com>
Subject: DML: Powerdyne/MP HP PCM

I just got off the phone with Powerdyne Tech support and they said not to
use the Mopar HP PCM with their SC... The guy said it could cause
detonation, bla, bla. I mentioned a cooler T-Stat and running cooler plugs
and he said that would help.

Anyone had detonation problems with a Powerdyne or any other SC??? Any
suggestions to prevent this if it's true? I really wanted the Mopar PCM to
get the redline higher and many other reasons, this guy spooked me a little.

He also had a valid point about Powerdyne vs Kenne Bell, while KB does boost
at a lower range at cruising speed on the highway it burns a truckload of
gas because it's constantly boosting. What he didn't really want to talk
about was the PCM;-) KB offer's one tuned for their product, Powerdyne
doesn't. Decisions, decisions... The Powerdyne rep recommended this shop
>>> www.worldwideperformanceparts.com, the site is a little hard to navigate
but he has a pretty good price on the PD SC's.

Thanks,
        Shawn
        98 5.2L 4x4 CC Dak