Re: compression

From: Tom (Silver89) (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 21:43:37 EDT

There sure were non mangum V6s - hence the little known, but totally
loyal group of Dakota owners that call themselves - "premaggers" heehee
- I own two premaggers. The 238 V6 went magnum in 1991. 1987-1990
Dakotas are premaggers. The engines underwent some moderate changes in
91 from the old LA style engine blocks and intake manifold bolt
patterns... to a differnet bolt pattern. They also did away with the
carb and the TBI (throtlebody fuel injection) and made the engines
multipoint fuel injection.

Remy Saville wrote:

> I just had a compression test done on my 93 Dakota (3.9L Magnum
> V6).
>
> The results were 145-130, but one was down at 120. What are the
> implications of the one being low?
>
> PS what makes an engine a "Magnum" version? Were there ever non
> magnum 3.9L V6s?

Tom S.

http://www.SaveChrysler.com

http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine

1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x2 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x4 w/snowplow (non-operable)