Re: My first Dak + couple questions

From: Lance Russell (lrussell@konnect.net)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 05:59:07 EDT

Welcome Lazlo,
        As far as the suspension lift goes, I dont think one is available
yet for the 01 Dakota. The difference between a suspension lift and body
lift is that with a suspension lift you are changing the ride height of the
truck by changing the geometry of the suspension (ie pushing the whole frame
up from the ground). With a body lift you are only lifting the body which
provides the look of a raised truck at a cheaper price but does not provide
much better clearance (which is why 4x4s usually go with the suspension
lift). The body lift uses "blocks" between the body and the frame at the
body mounting locations to lift it up. Hope this helps cover the lift
portion of your post.

Lance