Re: New 2001 DAK QC: Where the Hell Are My 8 Speakers?

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 20:48:54 EDT

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 08:27:40PM -0400, Paul Macey <pmacey@ans.net> wrote:
> Ok, got me the RAZ stereo system on my new 2001 DAK QC, brochure and DC
> says it is a 8 speaker Infinity system, I count four up front, only two in
> the back...do those speaker grills on each of the back doors, hide two
> speakers each?

I think it's BS. I just went to Edmunds and their info says that my 2000
Club Cab also should have had 8 speakers. I only found 6 also. Not that
I really cared, because I've ripped them all out anyway. (I didn't even
want the upgraded stereo. I just took it because it happened to come on
the truck that had all of the other options I wanted) Factory stereo
systems stink. I thought the Infinity system sounded pretty good, but
it just doesn't compare to the real thing. :)

> Please tell me this isn't another one of those DC mid-year model changes
> (aka cost saving measures)
>
> BTW, 6 or 8 speakers, the bass is quite the improvement over my 1998
> Sahara sound bar system...should I say: Rock On?

I'm kind of curious, now, too. I'm going to go back and find my brochure
and equipment listing and see if it says 6 or 8 speakers.

Honestly, I don't know where they would fit two more speakers. The dash,
maybe, but that would be way too much sound for the front of the cab.

> HAVE YOU HAD YOUR V8 TODAY!!!

Yes, I drove it to work this morning. :) And I'm going to drive it home in
about 10 minutes.

--
Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
'00 Dakota CC SLT 4X4 4.7L V8 (Loaded)