Re: Body/Cab Mount Bushings

From: Tom (Silver89) (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 14:53:47 EDT

Yup - those are the only bushings for the cab. My rear cab bushings are
practically non existent. After I had the accident - the truck shifted on the
cab mounts and the cab is pushed to the left on the frame. And now the rear
mounts are creaking and grinding through every turn.

I also want to get poly bushings... I thought JC Whitney offered them? I
recall seeing them in the catalogue - I'll post if I find anything.

Kyle Kozubal wrote:

> Incase anyone is curious, I called three local Dodge dealership to inquire
> about the cost of all new body mount bushings. No place could give me exact
> pricing. From what once place told me, each mount I need 1 upper bushing and
> 1 lower bushing, per mount. So that tells me I need 6 upper mounts and 6
> lower mounts. Can anyone verify this? This would be rather expensive, price
> pending though. Do all 6 mounts utilize the same bushings, both in thickness
> and in diameter? It would be nice to have a parts dept with some qualified
> counter people. Oh well. I have searched and searched online, and havent
> found anyone who makes polyurethane bushing replacements.......grrrr. So I
> guess when/if I do a body lift, I am going to have to just buy new rubber
> ones from the dealer. The rear most bushings on my truck are currently in
> sad shape. I am sure I could get away with just replacing these rear
> bushings, but since I will have access to them when doing the body lift, I
> may as well replace all of them. They are all sold individually, not as a
> kit. Also, I am pretty sure the cab portion only requires these rubber
> bushings. I have counted 6 being
> under my regular cab Dakota.
> -Front mounts, behind front bumper
> -Middle mounts, behind front fender wells
> -Rear mounts, close to front of bed
>
> Thanks for any and all info.
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

Tom S.

http://www.SaveChrysler.com

http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine

1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x2 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x4 w/snowplow (non-operable)