Re: park/netrl switch replacment

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 22:59:52 EDT

> I've had some starting problems recently and using the archives have
> narrowed it down to my park/neutral switch.
>
> My haynes manual says some fluid will leak out when I remove the old
> switch. How much will come out?? I'd like to know so I have enough on
> hand. And how much should a new switch cost??

Good questions. Every now and then I will have to jimmy the shifter around
and run it back through the gears and back into PARK for my truck to start.
Kind of scares me when out of the blue I will go to start my truck and it
wont do a darn thing. I figured it was this safety switch as well. Heck, I
dont even know where it is located. Any help here? Pricing? Easy/Hard to
replace? Special tools? Time needed to replace it? It doesnt bother me at
all the run the tranny back through the gears every now and then to get the
truck to crank over and start, but I just wouldnt my mom or girlfriend to
freak out if she were to have my truck and this happens.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6