Re: Re: park/netrl switch replacment

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 10:40:02 EDT

In a message dated 5/12/2001 9:59:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
grndak4x4@home.com writes:

<< Every now and then I will have to jimmy the shifter around
 and run it back through the gears and back into PARK for my truck to start.
 Kind of scares me when out of the blue I will go to start my truck and it
 wont do a darn thing. I figured it was this safety switch as well. Heck, I
 dont even know where it is located. Any help here? Pricing? Easy/Hard to
 replace? Special tools? Time needed to replace it? >>

I replaced one long ago.. But when the switch is actually bad.. But mine was
to the point of always having to start in Neutral. On another of my old
Mopars.. The linkage just had a worn bushing. and the Neutral safety switch
just wasn't thinking the shifter was in Park yet.. a smack to the shifter
covered that till I got the linkage tightened back up.
Switch was around $10. time was.. maybe 10 minutes. but that was on a car
closer to the ground.. Put the drivers side up on a nice curb.. ( so the
fluid is leaning to teh other side of the pan) and it should still be fairly
easy to find on the side of the tranny by the linkage. Unplug the
connector.. put the socket on it. and just have the new one handy to go
right back in.

Aaron W in AL

94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
95 RC Sport 2.5L 5 Spd