4.7 Homebrew Intake

From: George Radcliffe (incredageorge@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 15:58:16 EDT

Hi. It's great to be able to post to the DML again after being without home
internet access for about 4 months.

Anyway, I'll be taking a long (~2500 miles) drive this summer, and I want to
do whatever I can for better gas mileage (and maybe some more HP). So...
here's my first question:

Does anyone have advise for me about adapting a K&N conical filter to my
2001 4.7? Can I just use PVC or ABS from the hardware store? Right now my
plan is to use ABS and just route it so that the K&N is near the front
fender, just about where the factory air box is now. If anyone has
experience with this kind of setup and can tell me how it's holding up or if
there are any tricks or pitfalls to doing the job right, I'd appreciate any
comments. Thanks.

George Radcliffe

.