Re: After market gear installtion

From: Adam H (golfcartguy@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 11:04:18 EDT

Bryan,

I did the same thing with my truck (2000 QC). Got it with a cheap factory
radio and installed aftermarket stereo equipment in it. All 8 speakers are
infinities and they sound great. The AM/FM/CD head unit is a cool looking
Pioneer DEH-P47DH that is designed to fit perfectly in the factory stereo
hole. All I had to do was use the two bolts that held in the factory one to
mount the Pioneer one. Absolutely simple. (Had to use an adapter wiring
harness) What I like about the Pioneer is the stereo controlled variable
high pass filter for the speaker outputs that limits the bass output to the
speakers so they aren't damaged at higher volume settings. It also allows
for remotely controlling the frequency sent to the subwoofer amp and the
level of boost to it. I have a MTX amp under the back seat providing the
bass to 2 truck boxes. All in all, the sound system is much better at a
lower price than anything the factory could have provided.

Adam