Re: Re: Slow day so how about a DML survey

From: Ray Sulich (ray.sulich@snet.net)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 06:02:56 EDT

At 04:53 PM 5/15/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Well, my Dak only has 4600Km on it (that is about 2900 miles for you Yanks),
>but my 1985 Dodge Ram (which has a factory propane conversion on the 318)

Mines a 91 with 137,000 miles on it. I've changed quite a few gaskets in
the 6 months I've had it due to leaks. I still have axleshaft seals to do.
I also changed the starter, and oil pump during the oil pan/rear main seal
replacement (because it was easier to replace them then vice waiting for
them to go out and having to take half the front end apart to get to
them). The idler arm also failed and was replaced.

I don't know what was done to the truck prior to me buying it. It looks as
if it was used offroad, and for heavy towing quite a bit. This is due to
the dents in the rear bumper (and winch electrical connection), and the
multitude of scratches on the body.

The engine runs GREAT, race it on the street whenever the light turns
green (riiiiight). When I removed the rear main it looked really good
considering the number of miles on the engine. I just hope the rest of the
bearings are in as good a condition !