Re: RE: Re: RE: SS S-10 Ssspank!!!

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 14:23:48 EDT

Brian's just plain wrong, sorry....

And a $1500 difference? We're talking about an RC 5-speed.... You can pay
more for a Neon....

And Ed's 4.7 is pulling a 4x4 QUAD CAB with a Camper shell and tall tires.
DAMN IMPRESSIVE!!!

Don't get me wrong. I'm not claiming the 4.7 is more powerful than a 360.
And I do think it is far easier to mod a 360.

I'm just saying the 4.7 in a RC with a 5 speed and 3.92 SG is the Hemi Road
Runner of Chrysler's line up. No frills just all the go fast goodies.

Now that's just talking 1/4 mile stuff....

If I was going to build a canyon carver or autocrosser, I'd stick with
stripped down 4.7. Why? The 4.7L is 150lbs less than the 360. I'm going
to put a Hotchkis suspension and tuned Bilsteins on it anyway. Everybody
changes the exhaust, even the R/T guys. Hell, most of my R/T buddies
change roll pans and air damns too. Why pay for the R/T if you're going to
change everything anyway to build a canyon carver.

I'm looking for that RC V8 with the AM radio, bench seat, and the roll up
windows! I even like the Chrome grills... Most of the show guys take the
Sport decals off anyway, and you didn't think I was going to use the stock
wheels and tires did you??? Hell, Edison is broke..... I wonder if Dodge
is sitting on any stripped down white fleet Daks???

Cruise on you stylin' R/T guys!!! :-)

-STE