RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: SS S-10 Ssspank!!!

From: Brian Stewart (firebird@kymtnnet.org)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 15:02:03 EDT

With the R/t you already get the wheels and slick suspension and one hell of
a corner carver. And like i said, i can give wuite a few examples of BONE
STOCK MID 14 SECOND R/Ts! What was the wuicker 4.7 you've seen/ Who's is
it? IT HAS TO BE BONE STOCK! The R/T, despite not being a 5 speed, is NO
just a shoot andsquirt vehicle. It is damn hard to get a goodlaunch and 60
ft. That is the problem wth most of the slower R/ts, they just can't get
the launch down. good launch, good conditios, I'd say 90% of the R/Ts built
are capable of 14 second runs. I am not plan wrong, just more right on than
you want to admit. i like the 4.7, it;'s a great motor and hopefully a look
at the motors to come, but it is NOT an R/T killer, not even with the 5
speed/3.92s/limited slip/regular cab..... A match at best really.... Even
with a great driver..... i do think killing the SS was cool enough, but
telling him to go with the 4.7 instead of the R/ was one BIG dis service to
the guy if e is looking for the ultimate hi-po performance Dakota. oh, my
example of 1500-2000 was 2 equally equipped Daotas wih the quto tranny. i
still have my deal work-ups here somewhere. i cam so close to getting a 4.7
it's not funny, but in the end, it's not an R/T...... And lso, you can get
a stripped R/T, no PW, PL, Cassette, no AC, etc. i'd rather have that than
a loaded 4.7 :) Your opinion may vary :)

     Brian