RE: SS S-10 Ssspank!!!

From: Brian Stewart (firebird@kymtnnet.org)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 19:11:21 EDT

kay, yes, most 98-99s are running low 15s, because of tracton. i've seen
ones that have mastered traction and they run 14s. 00-01s are capableor 14s
without much skill at all, they are amazingly quicker than the 98-99 models
and considering the 4.7 has only been offered 00-01 in the Dak, i think that
is whatshould be compared. i don't care if the hotchkis is better, fact is
what you get FROM THE FACTORY IS BETTER ON THE R/T. Lets say you get the
hotchkis, that's 900 dollars, anoter 500+ for istallation. 1000+ for
comparable wheels, and flares, what 200 a set? That's 2600 right there.
FYI, i just priced out Dakotas with my dealer. Both regular cabs, both with
automatics. CD and power convienence groupe added to both. added to both,
Posi, cruise, leather wheel added to the 4.7. Price including destination,
tax/title/license forthe 4.7 was 18900, that didn't include 3.92 gears
either. Price for the R/T including everything was 20860 or a 1940 dollar
difference. These prces were 500 over invoice with the 2000 rebate. i know
you can get the 5 speed and save money, but with lots of stop and go that
just isn't an option for me and lets keep this at least even when it comes
to priceing. i know, i came with 2 days of buying a 4.7, then changed my
mind. IMHO, the 4.,7 is a great motor and any Dakota s a great truck, but
all the R/t bashing pisses me off because we are supposed to be a family of
sorts, but it seems everyone ere just wants to argue wit each oter and
suport some overpriced Ferd. Speaking of Ferds, the best analogy I can
think f for these trucks is this. the 4.7/5 speed/3.92 is like an LX 5.0
and the R/t is like a 93 Cobra. Both run similar times i n the quarter, but
under the skin the R/t gets all he best suspension, wheel, and looks, and
other performance goodies, though there was a lot more than 1940 dollars
difference between those 2. of course look which one s holding it's value
best :) Anyways, if someone tld me they were getting a 93 Cobra I definatly
wouldn't tell them to get the LX because it is just as fast, without
considering all sides of the issue. my point is made. my suit on. but i
don't want to have to use. I lke bot Stans, both are awesome, but i'd take
the Cobra for the complete package anyday. on the same coin i like the 4.7,
sweet engine that will only get better with more time, but i'll takethe R/t
anyday fo the complete package.

             Brian