T-stat housing bolts torq spec?

From: Chris Ryan (CSRyan@teleport.com)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 21:34:04 EDT

I've noticed a slight leak at the t-stat housing so I'm going to replace
the Stant 180 I put in a couple years ago with a Stant SuperStat 180 and
a Felpro gasket, plus I thought I'd put a thin coat of RTV on both sides
of the gasket to get an extra tight seal. I'm sure the reason for the
leak is that I didn't a good enough job removing the stock gasket
material the first time, got the Dremel this time though. Does anyone
know the torque spec on the housing bolts? Like 20" lbs or so? Also,
should I replace those bolts? It's such a light torque that I wouldn't
think so, but it'll be the 3rd time for them. Anyone know the size
without taking one out?

Thanks guys,

Chris
Portland, OR
Black '99 Sport Plus CC 4x4 318 Auto.
3" Rancho Suspension Lift, 32"x11.5" BFG MTs, SnugTop Expo w/Yakima Trac
System w/Fairing, Sea Kayak and Bike Mounts, GoRhino Grill/Brush Guard
w/130W KC Spotlights and Tow Hooks, Pilot Foul Weather Lights, Westin
Nerf Bars, WAAG Tail-light Guards, GTS Blackouts, Mopar PCM, Taylor
Pro-Spiro Wires, Autolites, 180 TS, Cold K&N, Flowmaster 40 Series Split
Rear, Mopar Chrome Rear Diff Cover, Line-X, Window Tint, Ventvisors.