RE: Re: Re: SS S-10 Ssspank!!!.....AND 4.7 RC vs 5.9 R/T

From: Brian Stewart (firebird@kymtnnet.org)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 00:33:20 EDT

Wow, where did you pull these times from? Your stack of Motor Trends? LOL,
you tell me "I've been to the track guys" as if you were boasting, then you
quote magazine times?!?!?! If a 2000 R/T ran a 15.4 it'd have to be a loaded
CC with a bad driver, sorry. You can get an R/T with crank windows, locks,
mirrors, no OHC, etc BTW. Heck, I consider my 99 a slow one and it ran 15.2
bone stock with a 150lb tpnneau cover, 100lb bedliner, and stock dead RSAs
at 37k miles!!! The white RC 5-speed 3.92geared 4.7 Sport that wa sthere
with me ran 15.1 best........ and it did NOT have a tonneau cover, and only
had a light spray in bedliner, on top of that he took his tailgate off and
removed his air filter (my air filter stayed in place too). So, don't you
think my slow 99 could make up a few tenths if I removed the tailgate,
bedliner, and tonneau cover (about 300lbs of stuff)? That at was at a track
with 2000ft elevation too. That's experience not magazine times.....

-Ryan
99 DA RC R/T
Well, according to this magazine my truck will.........