Re: WATER (lots of it)(long, but I need advise on this)

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 08:28:26 EDT

with only a foot and a half of water; You may have just splashed a little on
the ignition. to stall it. I wouldn't be worried until it gets at least
deep enough to get over the axle vents ( or the throttle body .. LOL)

Just remember on your next run through that underpass.. use a lower gear and
soem higher rpm.. I always prefered higher rpm in deep water.. if the
ignition takes a splash and tries to stall.. the motor is spinning fast
enough to usually copensate and keep firing till I get through it. I've
watched the guardrails dissappear on the sides of the road as we went through
about a mile stretch one of overflow day..
I figured if the 4x4 Suburban could do it.. so could my '77 LeBaron.. I
passed him about 2/3 of the way through it. in over 2 feet of water..
On a lighter note.. My car did leave puddles for a few days after that event.
  and afterwards.. we were grateful to have gotten through there.

Aaron W in AL

94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
95 RC Sport 2.5L 5 Spd
86 Shelby Charger Turbo