Re: I found my new baby!!! (and a couple of questions)

From: Grady Ogburn (jgo@uswest.net)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 08:28:01 EDT

In article <9e2doi$b4o$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, ded74@yahoo.com
says...
> Well, just wanted to let you all know, that I found her, she's an '01 CC
> Sport+ 4x4, bright silver ext/dark gray int, 4.7L, 5spd, Limited Slip, 3.92
> gears, Heavy Duty Service Group, Skid Plate group, plus all the power
> goodies. I'm going back to get her next week. I want to put on a dual
> exhaust as soon as possible, what's the best system to go with for the 4.7L?
> Also, I want to take the decals off, is that difficult to do myself? I
> don't want to mess it up, but don't want to pay someone else to do it
> either. Oh, also, has anyone put 32x11.50 tires on their stock '01 4x4?
> Just wondering how much it affects power, handling, and gas mileage cause
> I'm thinking about putting some BFG MTs on after my trip to Mississippi in
> June. Oh, and I can't make the Vegas meet this summer, but I'll definitely
> be there next summer! Thanks again guys.
> --
> Dave
> Denver, CO
> '93 Sport 4x4 V-6 (I'm gonna miss her)

Dave-

RE: the duals - if you're talking about a dual-outlet cat-back, a lot
of people like the Gibson. I got their single outlet Swept-Side, and
the fit and finish were great. Sound was OK, too, but I wanted a
straight-through muffler, so I swapped it out for the Magnaflow.

If you're talking about fabbing up TRUE duals, I'm pretty certain that
you're going to lose an awful lot of your low-end power. Some folks
have done it, but usually only after some pretty heaavy mods.

Email me offline when you get your new baby -- we'll meet up and swap
oohs and aahs!

--
Grady Ogburn (Denver, AIM: JGradyO)
Black '98 Sport CC 4x4 5.2l, 5 Speed, 3.55 LSD