Re: 0-60 in a 4cyl

From: Miles Harris (spikes_duall@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 15:37:23 EDT

I'll see if I can fine a good flat stretch of nearby road to run a 0-60
test. If not I know where there is a flat freeway onramp. The Branford St
onramp to the 5 south in Arleta, the Beverly Hills of Pacomia, runs about a
1/4 mile before it does a slight right left turn, heads up a hill and drops
onto the freeway.

I once raced my 50 Chevy with a stick against a 1953 Chevy auto (both with
105HP 235 in-line sixes) at the Branford onramp. The stick turned out to be
the difference as I beat him off the line and I stayed about a car length
ahead the rest of the race. Of course it was still an exercise in slow
motion. I was doing 65 when I hit the turn and it must have taken about 20
seconds.

--
Miles Harris III
Simi Valley, CA

Puddlestompa@aol.com wrote in article <70.ac53c7b.2836aae7@aol.com>... > Yes it is true, you can go 60 in a 2.5L dak. :-) Yesterday I tested my 0-60 > and my three results were 17seconds, 18seconds, and 16 & 35split seconds. > this is depressing but I knew it was slow. What are you other 4cyl guys > running. > > Short Story: To test my 0-60 I headed down to this road that goes out and > around a medium sized lake we have in the area. The purpose of going here > was because no one goes out here and the speed limit on most of it is 50, it > goes about 12 miles and gets small, but most of it is a pretty wide two lane, > with no traffic (usually). So about two miles in what do I hit but road > construction, ah! Takes me about 5 minutes just to get through that. Then > about a minute later from a side road a cop pulls out in front of me, and