Dak now pings on 89 octane,sometimes 90 too

From: David D. (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 11:04:05 EDT

I'm going to look down into the TBI for a bad Belly Pan Gasket.
Been running Phillips 66 89 octane & 90 Octane.
Should i switch to Citgo,and see if it makes a difference?

(can switching brands actually make a difference?)

Now i only hear the pinging under acceleration,IF the right passenger window
is down,and the CD is not playing.Otherwise i cant hear it,and i'm still
getting 23 mpg on the Interstate @ 60.

I just turned 29,000.Plug wires havent been changed yet.Plugs were changed
out at 19,000.

Anyone got any ideas??

about 2 tanks ago,i ran a bottle of 104+ through the tank.It really gave me
more power.

>From: "Steve Wilson" <s2wilson@bellsouth.net>
>To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
>Subject: DML: 3.9 missing and skipping
>Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 21:41:19 -0400
>
>My 95 3.9 started missing and skipping a while back. The code was 14, map
>sensor. Bought a new sensor from autozone, nothing changed. I traced the
>wires and found no broken wires. I took it to a dealer, the mechanic told
>me
>that aftermarket sensors were no good. Said he bet his clothes that the new
>sensor was bad, and I needed to get a Mopar map sensor. I bought a new
>sensor, new plugs and wires, and a new EGR valve. I've taken the throttle
>body off, cleaned it thoroughly, sprayed carb cleaner through all the holes
>to make sure they were clear, installed a new gasket . Still no change.
>Still shows code 14. I've got 19.5 inches of vacuum at the Map sensor and
>I've traced the wires and they all check out good. I did clear the codes
>after each thing I did. Any one have any suggestions?

Digger
00'QC,SLT+,3.9 R/T,42RE,3.55,K&N "Home-Brew" Intake
Dynomax Super Turbo,Mobil 1 10w30,Mobil 1 Filter
List Moderator: "DodgeDakotaQuadCab@egroups.com"