Re: engine vacuum

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 11:29:03 EDT

At 10:30 AM 5/21/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Bob,
>Thanks for the info. What does yours read in neutral? I'm wondering
>because I have a 5-speed and this is how I took the reading on mine.
>Wouldn't being in 1st gear with an auto trans cause the vacuum to increase?
>Thanks, Doug Myers

Doug

The previous figures came from a freeze frame from the scanner while I was
waiting for the okay to go around the water pit on one of my runs.

With an idle of 640 - 672 rpm (goes back and forth), gear in neutral,
baro. reading of 29.4 iHg, coolant temp. at 172F, the vacuum read
is between 15.9 to 17.6, with variance about 17.0 and then about
16.0 and then back again about 17.0 etc. with the occasional read
of 15.9 and 17.6.

Bob