pullies and fans

From: Datstein@aol.com
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 02:17:35 EDT

I may be doing this wrong for a second time, but I really would appreciate
some feedback on the do' and dont's of installing pullies and electric fans.
I apologize if my
newness to the list lacks proper procedure. I would be interested in knowing
if it is only the crank pulley that should be replaced. What is the part
number for it? Which is the best and easiest electric fan to install?
Should it be wired to go on by temp. or is an on/off switch better? I talked
to a Flexalite rep who asked me if something was pressed on or bolted. I
didn't know. BTW, I have a '97' 318. Thanks in advance, David