Re: pullies and fans

From: Ryan Ingram (fatblkdak4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 17:21:50 EDT

I'm wondering about this too...I just got an ASP 25 percent underdrive crank
pulley from Summit and haven't installed it yet. A shop wants $140 to make
the swap. I thought about trying to do it myself but I'm not sure how. Does
the smaller diameter change the "harmonic balance"? Will the alternator and
AC charge and run the same as stock? It seems like with a new ratio they
won't be running the same speed. I'd be glad to see a good response on this
and the electric fan issue in a FAQ.

Ryan Ingram
'99 Dak Sport CC 318 4x4