Re: Driveshaft Question

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 20:35:28 EDT

In a message dated 5/22/01 7:52:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ray.sulich@snet.net writes:

> At 08:05 AM 5/22/01 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >I have always had good luck by removing the suspect shaft and taking
> >a ride without it.
>
> Can you do this for the rear drive shaft without damaging something. I
> guess I would just put it in 4wd and have a go at it?

I don't see why not. My buddy had a 80 something 4x4 ferd dump that was
making noise. we pulled the rear shaft and it everything was quiet until
he priced a new one. LOL He ran it like that for 3 months LOADED.

P. S if it has a just a yoke attached that flops, you better remove that as
well.
Egads, I hope I wouldn't have to tell someone that. : )
Good luck and let us know what you find.