electric fan troubles

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 19:29:15 EDT

Hey folks,

Driving home tonight from work I noticed that my electric fan wasnt working, which in rush hour traffic on a warm muggy day meant for a close call with overheating. I got home, checked every thing out and it was the fuse that had blown. I replaced it, dorve my bro to scouts where it blew again, and again on the way back. So for some reason my electric fan is blowing fuses.

I have a 16" Permacool electric fan wired to the battery and grounded at the headlight ground. The connections dont look loose, but I didnt get to shake them around much cause its still raining here at the house. So why is i blowing fuses? Any ideas?

Mike S.
picture of the electric fan here--- www.geocities.com/geek_farm/engine.html