Re: custom intake

From: Travis A. Higgins (travis@primenet.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 01:01:32 EDT

Hi Aaron,

Go for it!!!! That's what I did, except for I made mine out of carbon
fiber and fiberglass!! Check it out.

http://www.primenet.com/~travis/heatshield.html

I used some 0.5 inch thick polyurethane as a foam core due to its thermal
insulating properties. It works really well!! Here in Tucson with
already 100 degree days, after driving it around town in stop and go
driving, the engine side of the shield is hot, while the air filter side
is nice and cool :-) I need to hook up a thermocouple and measure the
temp difference someday, but I was impressed. Of course mine is right by
the headers, so yours might not get as hot. If you have any questions,
just send me an email.

Later,
Travis aka Blue Travis
00 IB CC R/T

<<I am thinking of placing it right where the air box is now. Just turned
sideways, I believe my header is on the other side of the engine, remmeber
have a inline 4cyl. And I am planning on fabricating a heat sheild also,
any
size and shape I want, the magic of fiberglass, :-)

Aaron
Vancouver, Wa
98 2WD 2.5L 4cyl RC >>