custom intake

From: Puddlestompa@aol.com
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 17:56:54 EDT

Ok, I am planning on making a custom intake, I will be buying a K&N filter,
the round type, question is how important is it to have that thing pointing
foward, would pointing off to the side be as effective, reason is for the
sraightest flow sideways would be best. Would it be best to make the air
turn as it goes into the filter or turn when it is in the pipe.
P.S. I am planning on making this out of fiberglass, can you guys think of
negative effects of this other than difficulty.

Aaron
Vancouver, Wa
98 2WD 2.5L 4cyl RC
http://www.hometown.aol.com/puddlestompa/mydak.html