Which mod to do next!

From: Shawn Bowen (Shawn@bowen.com)
Date: Sun May 27 2001 - 01:34:29 EDT

Hey folks,
I've got a couple of questions for everyone. I'm debating the JBA Header buy
and want your unbiased opinions:-). Here's my current setup:

98 5.2L 4x4 Auto
Leach PCM (Setup for the Supercharger)
180 T-Stat
3923's (About to be 3922's)
MSD 8.5 Wires (No sh*t, these actually made a difference)
50mm Flow Metrics TB (Ground the Air hat to fit TIGHT)
Gibson Catback Dual Exit Behind the Tires
K&N Cold Air Intake (Until the SC shows up)
Gatorback Belt
Black Magic Fan
24# Ford Injector's (Not installed until I get the SC in and tuned)
IAT box
PowerDyne SC, with Randy's Tensioner, both the stock 6PSI pulley and also
the 9PSI 7RIB pulley (Everything BUT the Supercharger is here, it should
have been here LAST Monday, Powerdyne must be having a bad week)

Now here are the questions. What makes the most since for my next step? The
headers, a new ported and better flowing intake manifold, free flow Cat, new
CAM, or MSD6BTM / Coil / bla, bla? Or anything else you can think of. A few
questions come to mind about the headers, such as being a 4x4 I will have
this sucker off road, do I need to worry about the headers getting wet, how
much maintenance are they (how often do I have to torque them down), and
since I don't have a fan clutch anymore will the Headers throw off more heat
and make me run more of a risk of overheating??? I am really concerned about
the additional heat, am I wrong to think this. What about the headers
getting warped from going through a stream and what not? Will the Silver
Ceramic Coating keep them looking fresh? And really what kind of difference
will I get out of the headers vs another mod. If I get the headers then
that's it for a month or so at leastJ. Also on the 98 5.2L 4x4 Auto I assume
I need the Ceramic Headers AND the Y-Pipe?

Now, I hear people knocking the 4x4's and their speed. I damn sure would
like this truck to flat whoop some ass after doing these mod's. Truly what
should I expect for 1/4 ET's out of this sucker? I can tell a HUGE
difference with the few mod's I've done, and I know once that Powerdyne is
on it will blow me away (I really am probably going to do a 50 shot on top
of it before long). In the end I'll have a new Intake Manifold, Cam, and
probably Ported & Polished R/T Heads. But these last mods will be done over
some time. I guess I just need some direction and general advice.

Any advice is appreciated!
                                 Shawn

And people say Boats are expensive:-)!