Re: Put The Dak To The Test Today

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 01:25:09 EDT

What about that 4.7L's towing power, ED????? Feels good to hook to a
fullsize vehicle on a trailer and pull it like nobody's business with a
"midsize" truck, doesn't it??? Hehe! Oh, you wanna see squat? I'll shoot
some pics of my hotchkis leaf-equipped 2wd hooked up to one of the race cars
with no air in my bags. Last time I forgot to pre-fill the bags, the hitch
made a nice indention in the gravel as soon as I dropped the trailer jack!
Glad it went well for you, TTYl,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: OLZNUT@webtv.net (Ed Halterman)

Take 1 4880lb Dak (without driver and passenger), add 1 U-Haul car
trailer, and top it off with a sweet looking '70 Chevy 1/2 ton long bed
which had 2 rods playing peek-a-boo from the block. Oops, I think I
kinda sorda went a bit over the limit, but none the less, she handled
the 30 mile trip well. Over hills, with the a/c on, and it being 100*
here today, I was very impressed!! Even though she squatted down pretty
good, I'm glad I put the ES-9000's on, it made the handling that much
better!! Freeway speeds were confident. No real sway from the pos U-Haul
trailer. The 4.7 pulled real nice, but I noticed that it has a sweet
spot from 3000rpm's on, and below that, well, let's just say that I had
to drop it down a gear to pull some hills. But, I won't be doing this
very often so this will be a rare occorance, but had to brag a bit,
lol!!

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver Aka the "Silver
Streak"!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, will have 350hp Soon to be Intense Blue!!

See the Silver Streak and Project Olds here!!
www.dodgetruckonline.com/ed.htm