Re: suspension lowering questions....

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 12:04:11 EDT

I don't agree with going lower than the Hotchkis set up, to me that's
purely a show thing and almost anything you do is going to screw with the
handling to the point of making the truck unsafe. I only do things that
relate to performance. But that's me to each their own.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using the steel or cast iron
lowering blocks on the rear leafs. I believe Hotchkis has cut leaf
sections that you can stack on top of the leaf to drop the rear more.
These are absolutely safe. MP makes High quality extra long u-bolts.
Lowering the rear ins this way actually won't hurt performance it will
improve it if it were matched to an appropriately done drop in the front.
That's where the problem lies.

In the front you can drop more by using the wrong spring. On an R/T you
can use a V6 spring. It'll be lower. You didn't hear it from me. I
wouldn't do it.... Your tires will rub if you have anything decent sized
on.

-STE