Re: suspension lowering questions....

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 12:13:59 EDT

Dang, what did you use to get the hanger out? I did it in my garage with an
air hammer and the basic hand tools. PLASMA cutter? wat?

take your air hammer, break the rivits off the front and then get the center
punch bit for the air hammer and punch the other half of the rivit through.
it takes about 5 minutes per rivit and you just gotta unbolt the bolt that
goes thru for the leafspring. install new lowered bracket bolt it to the
frame, bolt on leafspring and whoola. Gen3 dakota is lowered 2" in the
rear. another 2" if you do the rear shackle mount.

I didn't have to remove my gastank to do this mod to the truck.
-Chuong

<<
Be advised if you want to do
the rear with the hanger swap, you will have to drop the fuel tank, and will
need an air chisel, plasma cutter, and about 2 days labor. Oh yeah, about 4
1/2" is about as low as you can go without a c-notch. Alan Short took me for
a ride in his Hotchkis-equipped R/T last fall at the big Houston meet, and I
thought it was low enough and the ride was pretty good then. Now I spent the
$$ and wish I had it back to go lower with different parts. HTH,