Re: New QC is a DEMO! :-(

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 11:53:07 EDT

PRO: You should be able to get the price down based on kelley blue book
(http://www.kbb.com). And down more because of the following con.

CONS: 5k demo miles are harder than normal miles because:
1. YOU don't know that the engine was broken in properly.
2. Most test drives are by unfamiliar drivers.
3. If its got the v8 you know that test drivers pushed it to see what it
could do.

Or, you could just order what you want new. If you don't care to take the
risk and save bucks this is what I'd do. OTOH, I don't think its much of a
risk and you could save a bundle depending on the willingness of the
dealership to deal. I'd push for a bargain/freebie 5 year drivetrain warranty
given the cons if you go for it.

Good luck,
Marty