Re: New QC is a DEMO! :-(

From: Val Lowe (vlowe@rcn.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 12:38:53 EDT

At 08:53 AM 05/26/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>PRO: You should be able to get the price down based on kelley blue book
>(http://www.kbb.com). And down more because of the following con.

They don't have "used" prices for 2001 Dak's yet. The difference between 0
miles and 6000 miles on a 2000 is only a few hundred bucks.

>CONS: 5k demo miles are harder than normal miles because:
>1. YOU don't know that the engine was broken in properly.
>2. Most test drives are by unfamiliar drivers.
>3. If its got the v8 you know that test drivers pushed it to see what it
>could do.

This was probably a salesman's daily driver - although I don't know that
for a fact. I will check that out and also ask for maintenance records if
I decide I'm still interested.

>Or, you could just order what you want new. If you don't care to take the
>risk and save bucks this is what I'd do.

Ordering for this model year is over. I would have to order a 2002 which
would probably be more expensive, I would have to wait until ? to get the
truck (I could do that) and also it would have no rebate. OTOH, I could
get EXACTLY what I wanted.

I'm just trying to get a handle on the level of risk.

Thanks for your input!

Val