RE: Which mod to do next!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun May 27 2001 - 01:42:50 EDT

Honestly, the headers will help in the long run with the ported intake
and heads as well as in the interim. Definitely ceramic-coated for
longevity and cooler operation (header temp).

As for the times, a good friend had a 1998 5.2L 4x4 and was running mid
14's with it (Powerdyne, TB, headers, cat-back, MSD, and 4.10 gears on
both front and rear diff's).

If you're going to be doing a lot of offroading, keep the factory
manifold stock as well as the heads. No need to port them since that
will raise your powerband into the higher RPM range. This is great for
racing but bad for offroading where the average RPM is 1500-2000max.
(Not 3000-5000rpm)

- Bernd