Mid-GA Meet Results

From: Crit Bennett (crit@engineer.com)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 00:47:14 EDT

Well, after driving down to Reynolds and gawking at the most gorgeous GTXs,
Satelites, Super Bees, Road Runners, Charger, Challengers, ..... they finally
got running around 4. It was my first time out at a 1/4 strip and we got 3
time trials, then the eliminators. With the stock (except the Z-tube and big
air filter) 4.7 5-spd 3.55 Quad, here's how she fared.

Run 1 (Timeslip's lost, but with a pic of ET and Trap w/ me under it)
R/T 1.051
60'
330
1/8 10.21
MPH
1000
1/4 15.92
MPH 85.85

Run 2
R/T .949
60' 2.345
330 6.683
1/8 10.366
MPH 67.02
1000 13.507
1/4 16.151
MPH 85.43

Run 3
R/T 1.372
60' 2.165
330 6.839
1/8 10.701
MPH 64.18
1000 13.941
1/4 16.640
MPH 83.99

Run 4
R/T .785
60' 2.170
330 6.519
1/8 10.240
MPH 66.35
1000 13.409
1/4 16.077
MPH 84.74

So, I learned before the last run to try to leave on the last yellow and that I
need to get some good 60's. On the 3rd run (last time trial), I missed second
which will KILL your confidence when it comes time to run a real eliminator.
I'm just glad to finally get some times. What are other 4.7 5-spds running?

Crit

Sent through Cyberbuzz- A Server for the Students
http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/