Re: Dakota Reliability / Quality

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 11:50:43 EDT

I have a 2000 QC 4.7l auto 3.55 rear 4x2, 17000 miles. I'm very happy with
it. Yes, I do have troubles with front brake rotor warppage but that's it. at
least the rotors are a easy replacement with after market. Not many mods for
the 4.7L (yet) but there planty of other things to play with in the mean
time. I felt the same way about the size compared to full size and compact
trucks. I say Go for it and Welcome to the club.

In a message dated 5/30/01 10:34:47 AM, afuehrer@acuta.org writes:

>I am a new member to the list and wanted to get some answers from real
>Dakota owners prior to my next truck purchase. I am looking at a 2001
>ClubCab Dakota with the 4.7, 5 speed, and limited slip - just the basics.
>This truck / configuration is great because its larger than say a Ranger but
>smaller than an F-150. I don't want to spend 28 to 30K on a full size
>4X4 GM or Ford truck, but for a few thousand more than a small Ranger or S10I
>can purchase the mid-sized Dakota with a V8.
>
>My question is quality and reliability. I have heard of several quality
>issues with the Dakota such as rotor/break problems, electrical problems,
>ball joint wear, and overall build quality issues. I realize that no
>vehicle is perfect, but I don't want the truck in the shop more times than
>its on the road. I am a long-term vehicle owner and want to keep whatever
>truck I purchase at least 10 years or 200K miles. My basis for this is
>mycurrent car, 89 Firebird 5.0 V8 with 207K on it. All of the consumer
>reports over the years never rated my Firebird very high either, but I'm
>still driving it today.

>Any input from current owners who want to share their experience is greatly
>
>appreciated.
>
>Aaron
>afuehrer@acuta.org

Don M

Geocities.com/maldbnsf

'00 QC Bronze, 4.7L, Rest listed at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/QwkvWz@DAJFf6/profile.htm

P.S. Did I mention I love my DAK!!!!!!!!!