Re: My New Truck?

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 12:46:14 EDT

I agree there - make sure you test drive it while the tranny is cold (outside
air cooler than normal preferably as mine were worse in the winter months). Run
it through the gears from a dead stop w/at least 3/4 throttle and listen
carefully for the 2-3 shift. I've had both of my trucks develop this problem.
One was rebuilt and the other goes in for the same problem soon. I believe it
is the governor pressure solenoid sticking. When this happens - you can easily
hit the rev limiter on the 2-3 shift and also quickly burn up the stock
converter. HTH.

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"