Re: Re: Failed 4 Emission Tests!

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 08:56:57 EDT

In a message dated 5/31/2001 9:58:12 PM Central Daylight Time, ccs138@psu.edu
writes:

<< couldn't premium bring up the hydrocarbons because it's harder to ignite?
 just a thought.

 -Chris

Good thought... I agree on that possibility.. but if the cat is going bad
it will fail the sniff test as well. key word being going bad.. clean it
out.. and see where you numbers go. I got two of my cars through Phoenix
emmissions with hollow converters that weren't passing otherwise. just be
sure to leave the shell if the physically look under it.
    Or, if you just happen to have access to getting it checked (
unofficially ) then replace the cat with a pipe for the test and see how it
does.

Aaron W in AL

94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
95 RC Sport 2.5L 5 Spd